Annual scholarship that gives an oncologist the opportunity to start a career in clinical research being part of the SOLTI Scientific Department and having access to our training offer.
Beca SOLTI 2018
Call: SCIENTIFIC TALENT PROGRAM for early-career investigators
- Event Type:
- Young Researchers Program Event
- Begin Date:
- 24 November 2017, 00:00
- End Date:
- 31 January 2018, 23:59
SOLTI announces a new call for our Talent program, committed to the future of breast cancer research by supporting early-career investigators, providing them with a comprehensive training program in clinical research.
DETAILS OF THE SOLTI SCIENTIFIC TALENT PROGRAM:
- Interest in starting or deepen knowledge and experience in clinical research in the area of breast cancer.
- Having completed the formation period in medical oncology before beginning the scholarship or been a medical oncologist assistant with maximum three years of experience. The candidatures of other specialists will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Having the support of a mentor belonging to a SOLTI center of excellence willing to supervise the grant-holding activities during the year.
The application must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Letter from the institution that will host the grant-holding (belonging to SOLTI) and a certificate with the agreement from the center (See list of SOLTI centers)
- Mentor recommendation letter. Additional letters of recommendation will also be considered.
Required documentation should be send to email@example.com
- Deadline for submitting applications: January 31, 2018
- Communication of the selection: February 15, 2018 (The decision will be made by the Scientific Committee of SOLTI)
- Incorporation: May 2018 (flexible date)
- Duration: 1 year (May 2018 - April 2019)
- A personalized training program will be defined with the grant-holding, according to his/her previous experience and interests, which will include a stay at SOLTI HQ and another at the research center. There, under the supervision of the mentor, the scholarship-holding may be trained in clinical and/or translational research. The planning of the stay is flexible, being able to choose blocks of weeks/months or days a week in one institution and another.
Compensation & benefits package:
- Temporary contract of employment
- Annual gross salary: 40.000 € per year
- 24 days of holiday leave
- Flexible working timetable
- Full funding to attend an international congress
Seeding the future of breast cancer research. Expand your horizons, become part of SOLTI